Last updated: 8 March 2023
Personal information is information which can be used to identify you, for example, your name and email address.
Visiting the Digdata website
The Digdata website, provides the following:
- Information on how to register as a member of the Data Inspiration Group Ltd;
- Membership benefits;
- Information on activities and events offered by the Data Inspiration Group Ltd
- Live online educational activities and panels for members;
- Classroom resources; and
- Links to event recordings including online educational activities and panels,
to members of Digdata.
Becoming a Member of Digdata
When you send us a request to become a member of Digdata we collect the following personal information:
- Name (first initial or name and surname);
- email address;
- your school/university name and year group;
- your role/job title;
- gender (optional).
We store and use this personal information to register your membership and contact you about events and activities that you have registered to participate in and also which we think would interest you. Membership is provided in accordance with your request. Emails and texts are sent to you with your consent.
If you are under the age of 13 years old and wish to become a member of Digdata, we will seek the consent of your parent or guardian to collect and use your personal information as required by law. To do this, we collect and use the name and email address of your parent/guardian which you provide to us, with their consent. We do not use your parent’s name and email address for any other purpose and only retain their email response for record keeping purposes.
Participating in events and activities
Universities and Industry Partners
When you partner with Digdata to deliver online events and activities to our members, which can include online education and career panel sessions, we collect and store your name, work contact details, image (through video recordings) and role. We do this because you are participating in an event or activity. The recordings which include your personal information, are made available to our members by email and will then be uploaded onto the Digdata website for future viewing by all members. Snippets of these recordings are used for promotional purposes by us in accordance with the terms we have put in place with your employer. The promotion of the online education and career panel sessions which will include sharing your name, job title and image with social media platforms where Digdata has an account.
Where our events and activities are delivered face to face in a school or college setting, we will collect and store a copy of your DBS check, prior to you participating in the event or activity and share this with the school or college as requested by them.
When you participate in an online education or career panel sessions, you will be invited to submit solutions or responses to challenges posed by the individuals delivering these sessions either directly or via your teacher who may submit your response. Your response will include your personal information, which will include your name, school and email address. We collect and process this personal information so that we can send you a certificate of participation in the session.
Links to websites
Our website may contain links to websites of Digdata members who are universities and industry partners. This policy does not apply to those other websites so we encourage you to read their privacy policies when you click on a link.
Getting in touch
The Digdata website provides a Contact Us form for you to complete if you have any queries about becoming a member. We collect and use your name and email address which you provide in the Contact Us form, so that we can answer your queries.
Membership of Digdata is available to children from year 7 upwards. Where children under the age of 13 wish to become members of Digdata we seek consent from their parent or guardian before completing any registration requests. Without this consent, any registration request will not be completed.
Sharing and transferring your personal information
To provide membership benefits, we use other companies for cloud hosting of the Digdata website, managing membership registrations and contacting you by email of membership benefits.
We ensure that these companies have:
- appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal information; and
- adequate protections in place where your personal information is transferred to another country which offers a lower standard of data protection than the UK,
in the event that they need to process any to provide their services to us. Any processing they undertake is only carried out on the basis of our instructions.
We also share your name and email address with your school, college or university who, in accordance with our instructions, send you reminders about online education or career panel sessions registrations, calendar reminders and login details. This makes sure that you don’t miss out on events you have expressed an interest in or registered for. We ensure that before we share your personal information, we have appropriate contractual protections in place with your school, college or university.
Universities and Industry Partners
We share your personal information with our suppliers as follows:
- our IT suppliers including our third party cloud hosting provider;
- the Student Room, our current provider of choice for promoting registration and attendance of our events and activities; and
- schools and colleges where you are partnering with us to deliver face to face events and activities;
- Social media platforms where Digdata has an account e.g. Facebook and Linkedin
- With government agencies where required by law.
What are your choices?
The law entitles you:
- to receive a copy of any of your personal information which we have collected;
- to request that we correct or complete personal information we have collected;
- to request that we delete or stop using or storing any of your personal information when we no longer need it;
- to object to the processing of your personal information where we are processing it other than to process and deliver your order or deal with a question you may have; and
- in some circumstances, have your personal information transferred to another organisation.
If you would like to exercise any of these choices, please get in touch using the Contact Us information below. Where we have shared your personal information with other companies, we will let them know if you exercise any of these choices.
If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner who can be contacted at www.ico.org.uk or by telephone on 0303 123 1113.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We keep all personal information so that we can do all of the things we have listed above. We also keep order information, which can include personal information for our own internal financial reporting purposes as required by law. After that time we permanently delete personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information then please email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
The Data Inspiration Group Ltd
1 Quality Court